Me Too

I need the world to tell me that it's okay. That my life won't be put to waste.

You know how I've been saying it's nice not having distractions from school work? Well, sometimes, it'd be nice to have something else to think about, too.


Sometimes I just don't know where to go.


i feel like

when something bad happens
like this
all that happiness that i've had for these past few weeks
will just drown in it
and i'll relapse
into being sad
about being alone and about being not as good as everyone here

):

you are AWESOME
you are never alone because you always have your friends with you
and you are one of the smartestest people i know
you are also kinda very beautiful
BUT THAT'S BESIDES THE POINT

Fuck everything.

Hard work brings success. Bullshit.
Nope, I'm fine, don't worry about me.
I just overreact sometimes I guess.
But like not even though.

I ordered Indian food and it makes me miss home.

I wish I was just still at home in Jersey. Sometimes I think I'm not ready for college, I probably should've stayed in high school till the age I was supposed to.
But then I would've never met you. And you. And you. And you.
So maybe it was worth it.
You're worth it.



And then sometimes I wish I wasn't complaining about the same old thing. 


I wanna share something that Duke did called Me Too Monologues. They're monologues by students here about struggles that we have with life. "The stories are true, and speak to our everyday experiences related to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, and socioeconomic status." Here's one, but a ton more can be found on the Youtube channel that this is from. There's also a Tumblr which you can find here. I find myself being able to relate to some of these. They're worth watching, seriously. Listen. This might be about you too.



And a snippet from the blog.


It's amazing how one small feeling can exacerbate everything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Party and More

See You Again

Some words on team-based learning