Nobel Prize at Duke!

First things first, mega mega congratuations to Dr. Robert Lefkowitz, Professor of Medicine at Duke, for winning the Nobel Prize in chemistry today! Along with Brian K. Kobilka, a former student, he won the award for more than 35 years of research on G protein-coupled receptors and related things. I'm so proud to be part of a school with such magnificent people! 



Second things second, today on my way to my linguistics seminar, I saw this white board with the little magnetic words on them. You know, like the ones you can make sentences with and stuff? I pass it every Wednesday and Friday when I go to class, but today I actually read some of the stuff on it. Last week, I had moved a couple of the words and started a sentence "I am." I never actually finished it because I realized that I was late as it was. So this time when I looked to see if those words were still there, I saw this instead:


Whether the question and answer for this were the work of the same person or of different people, it made me really happy. I might try this again next time I go to class. 

Lack of substance because I think of too many things to write about during the day and then I forget them. I should get a notepad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Party and More

See You Again

Some words on team-based learning