Life is good. Sickness is not.

Dang, it's been almost an entire week since I last posted. Probably because nothing really has been happening. Except I got sick. Like, icky sick. Sadness.

Yes, I feel the weakness. It's so frustrating. I wasn't lying when I said I though sickness was weakness, and obviously I'm really weak right now. Icky sick. My friend calls me Sanjay because I sound like a man. I met a bunch of new people today at FoodFest and it sucked because I don't want anyone to think I actually sound like this. If anyone has medicine, hit me up like, now. And to put the cherry on the top of the cake, there's an orgo exam Monday and I don't actually know orgo. 

Speaking of FoodFest, it was awesome. Tons of international food and so many happy people on a bright sunny day on BC Plaza at Duke. 

Dang, I go here.

In other news, I tried Turkish delight for the first time today. It wasn't as good as The Chronicles of Narnia made it sound. Definitely not addictive. Very sweet. Good, for sure, but just a sweet treat.

Like, right now I should be studying. But instead I'm bumming around writing a blog post. I don't know where any of my friends are. Forever alone </3

In other other news, Taylor Swift's new album Red is coming out on Monday! Honestly, most of the songs that have been officially released suck. Very catchy, but lyrics are lacking and she's being very typical pop. The rest of the songs on the album were leaked though and are on youtube, and one in particular sounded like it was still her. 


"And I just want to tell you 
It takes everything in me not to call you 
And I wish I could run to you 
And I hope you know that 
Everytime I don’t, 
I almost do, I almost do

And I hope sometimes you wonder about me"

Taylor, why do you understand me so well? Lololol. But actually, I know the feeling, except our generation doesn't seem to call anymore; we text and IM and now that we're in college, talk in person! Unless we're really lazy. I'm not being emo, this actually sounds like the Taylor I know. Sure, it's probably a little whiny and extremely girly, but we all know that this is how every girl feels whether you deny it or not. She's a secret pleasure, don't even try to hide it. 

People are judging me right now, I just know it. Just know that nothing will be as big as You Belong With Me, ever.

You know why I started using concrete statements like "I never get sick" and "Nothing will ever be as big?" They make me sound more confident. These things usually aren't true. They just make me sound like I'm not indecisive and sway-able. Which... I might be. We'll see.

We'll see, we'll see.

Haven't redone my nails in a while so there are no photos of that. Woops, too busy. Which reminds me, I have to study. 

My throat hurts. Help.

I actually have nothing to say. Falling somewhat behind with classes. Having too much fun. Have to start picking classes for the spring on MONDAY. Need to be more active. Sickness. But some food for thought: 


Take 5 minutes out of your busy life to listen to this. It's not really a song; it's more prose/a speech. My friend introduced it to me in high school and it just came back to me now. Really pay attention, I guarantee it'll make you smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Party and More

See You Again

Some words on team-based learning