Why not?

Wow, it's been ten days. I think that is the new longest I've gone without a post. And let me tell you, it was difficult. There were so many times where I though, a blog post would be so appropriate right now, but I had no time for one. Between November 9th and now, I've registered for spring courses, seen Joseph Gordon-Levitt, studied meticulously for and taken a neuro exam, and studied meticulously (may be an understatement) for and taken an orgo exam. That brings us to this morning. And now I feel like I can breathe.

So registration for spring classes was last Wednesday for me and even though I was the last registration window, I have SUCH an amazing schedule. Zero classes that begin before 12 AM. Zero. LIFE <3 As for now, I'll be taking Organic Chem 2, Intro to Psych, Intro to Arts of the Moving Image (Film), Writing 101 - The Varieties of Compulsion, and a Research Practicum in the Alzheimer's Disease Neuroimaging Initiative. So good. Can't wait. But for now, we have only two weeks of actual classes left and then finals week. What. Such a strange thought that we're almost 1/8 done our college careers. And one of my friends pointed out that when we come back here after Thanksgiving break, which is this week, the early decision students will have been selected from our high schools! So exciting. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone from my high school applied early to Duke... sadness. S'okay though, they're going to go to awesome places anyway!

Just not as awesome as Duke.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt show. It was pretty cool! See, I'm not in LOVE with JGL like every other girl ever, but obviously he's still pretty attractive and talented. (I meant that second part, it wasn't just an add-on.) No one here really even knew what he was going to do when they bought the tickets -- you just bought tickets because he was going to be there. Eh, kay. He just talked about Hit Record, this collaborative arts project that he started to combine all artistic talents of people all over the world. It's pretty cool, but as one of my friends said, "We definitely just paid $15 to watch an advertisement." Eh. I should have been studying for Orgo, but it was fun to hang out with friends regardless. Some photos:

Photo by Betsy Mansfield - One of my friends, Thu Nguyen, got called up on stage. I think that's when I cheered the loudest!
Photo by Howard Deng - This was a good one.
Crappy quality photo by Sonal because she doesn't have a camera still. But still. He's gorge.
Moving on, tests. Actually, I'm just going to skip this one. I'm glad they're over.

Thanksgiving break! So much happiness. Wednesday morning I get to take a plane (back?) to Texas! I miss my friends - I wish I could go back to Jersey. But I miss my family too - so, kay. Warm weather <3 Exploring a new town. Watching movies in a home theater. Sleeping in a mega comfy bed. Indian food. Relaxing.

Just kidding, I have a 25 page paper to write. #lifeofacollegestudent

I hate hashtags, why did I do that? 

Too tempting I suppose. I've been giving into temptation way too much lately. Like chocolate. I'm getting fat.

Ah. Life is good. You know I had an epiphany last week (which may seem like an epiphany to no one but myself) that I am genuinely happy. About everything. I ask my friends all the time, are you happy? Sadly, a lot of the time they say no. I wish that answer was yes. See, yes, I'm struggling with orgo, I was dying this weekend trying to memorize everything, I don't know how to handle and balance everything in college yet, I'm forever alone (or forever warm tea as my friend calls himself), and I'm still trying to figure out where exactly I belong. But on the flip side, I have so many great friends, a family waiting for me when I get home, the chance to be at such an amazing school, and challenges to face that I will in the end only learn from. That sounds pretty good to me. For some reason, so many of us look at only the negatives in life and those are the things that stick the most. If there are so many good things to counter balance, why don't we see those? Small struggles mean nothing in the end, and I think I've finally started to adopt that attitude. Being content with life doesn't necessarily mean you're always smiling or visibly happy, it just means that you've looked past all of the difficulties. I guess I can't figure out how to word that right. But you get the idea, right? Ask yourself sometime, are you happy? And if you could be and want to be but aren't, why not?

I've been listening to Taylor Swift's new album on repeat for the past two weeks. Only some of them are good, but now I have all of them in my head all the time. It's okay. I love Tay Tay.

Hmm, I thought I'd have more to say. I think I did but I forgot. That's the worst. This is why I blog more often. Anyway, final thoughts. This goes out to everyone out there who's reading this. There's someone out there who really wishes they could read you and understand what you're thinking. I feel like this all the time. It'll make it easier for them and even help you understand yourself more if you just tell them. So why not?

Why not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Party and More

Some words on team-based learning

See You Again