My 2013 Reflection

And so we're done the year and I feel like I literally just wrote an end of the year reflection post but it's crazy that it's been 365 days since then. So here goes.

Some things I've done in 2013:
> Brought up my grades
> Kissed and swam with dolphins
> Snorkeling
> Walked from West to East Campus in snow and ice
> Joined a dance team that reminded me why I love to dance
> Became a Cameron Crazie at Cameron Stadium
> Finished taking orgo forever
> Took a photo with Aladdin and Jasmine
> Shadowed a neurologist
> Bought a snapback
> Watched Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham 3 more times
> Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend
> Roadtripped to New Jersey
> Performed in my first Awaaz
> Developed a better relationship with my sister
> Made some new, super close friends
> Found love(:

And some things I've learned in 2013:
> First relationships tend to be more about finding out what you want and don't want in a relationship. We fall into them because we really like the idea of a relationship more than the person him or herself. This is okay as long as we learn from the experiences.
> It's important to take into account everything my parents say about the decisions I make, but I'm starting to get old enough to make my own decisions.
> If you eat too much chocolate, you will gain weight, so you should not do that.
> Nostalgia is an extremely powerful, bittersweet feeling, especially when it's arisen via music. It's a nice feeling to know that it happened, but sucks to know that it's gone.
> Emotional pain actually causes physical pain, and it's not a pleasant feeling at all. 
> I'm not as strong as I've always considered myself to be, and it's a hard realization to accept. But I've also realized that the older I get, the more I can judge who it's okay for me to become vulnerable to. I've realized that, while I shouldn't be depending on anyone but myself right now, I don't have to be so strong forever.
> I need to put more effort into the things that I am interested in. If I want to study neuroscience, I need to make sure I know my shit. The future isn't about how well I did in school or what my GPA looks like, it's about how much I can apply what I've learned. My GPA has stopped mattering so much.
> Generational gap causes problems. Growing up in different times and places causes differences that aren't easily resolved.
> It doesn't take me very much to be happy, and I'm happy.
> This blog has done a lot more for me than just help me clear my head and unscramble my thoughts.
> I'm apparently not very good at expressing my feelings. I gotta work on that.
> I can't parallel park.
> I wish I didn't, but I need security in my life.

Some things I need to do in 2014:
> Lose some weight and get more fit. Seriously.
> Get my first true slow dance. 
> Declare my major.
> Get somewhere with my research.
> Bring up my grades. Learn some stuff.
> Get better at choreographing.
> Get my driver's license.
> Get the fam to understand.
> Learn more about myself, because there's so much more to learn. Fix it.

I probably forgot a lot of stuff, but here it is before it turns midnight. Have a great 2014 - Your girl, Sonal (:

Comments

  1. Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend Spent Thanksgiving with my best friend

    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    -Jon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My First Party and More

See You Again

Some words on team-based learning