What do your eyes say?

Bombed my orgo exam. But moving on.

The weather has been so. nice. I can't even handle it. Like, I go outside and there's instantly a smile on my face, no matter how upset I am about certain subjects involving certain proton transfers and certain properties that can instantly make you feel inferior to everyone and everything. You know how it is. I think it's supposed to be like this for the rest of the semester, which is wonderful. Which reminds me, my freshman year is over in just three weeks. Oh my gooodness. I don't want to be a sophomore yet!! I'm not done being a freshman!! I feel like I haven't done enough, but then if I think about it, I've done a lot. I've learned a lot about myself, I've learned a lot about other people, I've learned some stuff about reactions of dienes, I've remembered why I love dancing so much, I've developed a new and improved outlook on my life, mostly the stuff that y'all have probably seen me write about all year. I'm really happy with how the year turned out, but I do still wish I could've done more. I wish I knew what my life's going to be. And while I wish I already knew what my life was going to be like, there's so much enjoyment in the process. It's not a point, it's a process. The fun is in the anticipation and discovering other things along the way, don't you think? Things that you didn't expect, things that happened completely by accident. Right? When it's all said and done though, I most likely will have said more than I have done. And that's kinda sad..

74% of people turn their head to the right when they kiss. So shake it up. Thank you Tic-Tac commercial.

I just wrote this paper for my writing class about limerence. It's a term you might have heard if you've seen this Youtube video called "The Science of the Friend Zone," but it actually has a full story behind it other than  when the guy just mentioned it. It's somewhat like the feeling that we call of being "in love." The biggest characteristic of it is a longing for emotional reciprocation, aka, you want someone you like to like you back. Almost to the point where it's an obsession. It's super super interesting. If you are interested in enough in knowing the symptoms and stuff of the concept, check out this link right here for a paper that you could read/skim that discusses it. Really though, it's cool shit.

So my friend and I were talking about eyes and how they seem to say a lot about people's personalities. I looked up if there was any scientific basis to this and just as I thought, there is not, which you could read here if you were interested enough. However, there is something called Chinese face reading that apparently applies this principle of face structure in relation to personality. Bullshit, but it's still pretty interesting haha. While I don't believe the way your eyes look depict your personality, I do think you can still tell a lot about people by how their eyes look. I don't know if it's a real thing probably not, but I feel like a happier person has eyes that turn up because they potentially smile more and fake smiles don't leave the same impressions on eyes as real ones do. You can tell when eyes are sad I think. They look like they're hiding something, like they're turned down. And lips are the same, though smiles and stuff also interact with the eyes a whole lot. It's really interesting to try and read people's faces, but I don't think making the big assumptions works because reading faces really just creates perceptions of people in our minds that our observations of behavior then proceed to support. So basically, you judge a book by it's cover. I won't say I'm not guilty of doing that at Duke, I've done it plenty. In both the positive and negative ways, I've just looked at people, noticed how they act for a while and then proceeded to decide if I'd be interested in being friends with them. Unfortunately, even when I decide I want to get to know someone better, I end up not doing anything about it and because of that, I ended up becoming friends with them much later when we have very little time left in the semester to get to know each other. Sad. But it's okay, everything works out for the best(:

Shleepy. Night world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Party and More

See You Again

Some words on team-based learning