I'm just becoming more Indian each day...

So I haven't written in a while. I think the frequency of my posts is inversely related to the number of problems that I have in my life. AKA life's aiight. Just gotta keep my head up and hope nothing goes wrong...

Sometimes I worry that my new attitude toward life that I've developed in college might border on carelessness. That's not what I mean it to be at all, it's different, but I don't know if this is what carelessness is. I've never been a careless person before. Optimism. Trying not to worry so much about grades. Spending a little more time relaxing and having fun than doing work. Making dance a priority. That's just normal, right? I'm not just weird? Okay? Okay. I dunno.

Have you ever wondered why we fall for the wrong people? We think that we like someone, maybe even spend a long relationship with them, but it ends up not working out. You probably haven't wondered it because it's a completely abstract idea. But you would think we would have somehow adapted to knowing when someone was actually right for us. It doesn't really make sense, that's not even possible since we almost never get to know people fully, if ever. On top of that, most of the time, you probably don't even know what it is that you really want. I posted before about an article in the Chronicle called "why we should date" and how it helps us find what it is that we want and discover more about ourselves and others and gain experience and learn from mistakes. While all this is true, I realize that this stuff has made me a cynic. Not just this, so many other experiences and things too, but I feel the need to be so cautious sometimes that it takes the fun out of whatever I was being cautious about. Does that make sense? Just food for thought.

In other news, if you haven't seen Dhoom's performance that I posted on Facebook, I shall repost aqui. I'm really proud of our team and what we've accomplished in only about three or four weeks. I'm going to miss the seniors so much but I'm also looking forward to so much more great stuff with Dhoom in the future!!



I also played Holi yesterday for the first time in 'Murca. Soso much fun.



And thus life has been generally good. Time is flying and there's so much left that I want to do but not enough time to do it all before the semester ends. I was talking to my roommate the other day about how I'm so glad I still got to meet a whole bunch of new people second semester which I was afraid at the beginning that I wouldn't be able to. I thought everyone would become enclosed in their own groups. It's really nice to know that that isn't true and I hope to some extent this will continue on to next year and I won't stop meeting the awesome people at Duke. And then I hope this summer I can do something that matters. 

But for now, it's back to orgo. What is my life.
Love you all < 3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Party and More

See You Again

Some words on team-based learning